CHECKLIST: ROOFING PRECAUTIONS
- Define what area the contractor can use for work
- Ensure that the contractors uses proper signage and barricades as necessary to protect residents and keep them away from work areas
- Define what areas the contractor can use for storage. Have storage trailers or temporary sheds in place for the storage of roofing materials.
- The contractor should take only enough supplies for each day’s work to the roof.
- Define what machinery is acceptable for use in construction
- Determine how to dispose of removed materials
- Ensure that the contractor protects the building from damage by bitumen or sprayed foam.