CHECKLIST: LIABILITY RISK
- Provide reasonable security
- Take safety precautions and plan ahead for emergencies to reduce risk of responding inappropriately.
- Create a sense of shared responsibility with residents
- Work with an authorized representative to report all incidents to the insurance company as quickly and completely as possible
- Make written notes and take photographs at the time of incident
- Ensure use of premise clause in the lease to hold the residents, guest, or visitors to the property liable for property damage due to improper use of the premises, such as illegal substance use.