EQUIPMENT AND TECHNOLOGY
- use smart irrigation controls (sophisticated alternatives to irrigation systems that monitor variables such as land gradation, plant types, plants’ evaporation and transpiration rates, soil moisture, and local real-time weather to determine when/how long to water)
- replace sprinkler systems with a drip irrigation systems which deposits water directly to plants roots
- use drought-resistant landscaping
Alternative Billing Option
- Water sub meteringcan control costs and lead to lower rents. Simply put, just as billing residents individually for the electricity they use significantly reduces energy usage, sub metering reduces water usage.
- In properties that are sub meteredresidents consumes 18-39% lesswater than in properties that include shared water meter.